Avoid Skylight Visa for Direct Deposit or it will cost you!

Skylight Visa was recommended by my employer last year, as they were trying to convert to only electronic payroll. You could choose your own bank, and if you did not have a bank or preferred to get you paycheck deposited elsewhere, Skylight was given as an option. I have a checking account, but prefer to keep my payroll separate, so I chose Skylight. Big mistake! Skylight is a prepaid debit card that makes it's money from fees. If you make more than 1 ATM withdrawal per pay period, it's going to cost you $2 (on top of what the ATM is going to charge). Need gas? You better make sure you have not only the amount that you're putting in gas, but whatever amount the gas station uses to authorize the transaction (usually $75-$100). If you only have the $30 you were planning to put in gas, your card will get declined & you will have to pay $1.50 fee. All of these fees seem pretty normal, but when you combine the horrible customer service when you call to inquire about these fees, plus no list of fees before or after they are incurred, and it seems like they can charge you whatever they please.

The breaking point for me was when I visited a "free of charge" ATM that was listed on their website. I was making a $120 withdrawal when the ATM malfunctioned & did not dispense any cash. A frustrating situation for sure. I called the company that owns the ATM who told me to contact my "bank" and have then file a Regulation E form. The CSR I spoke to could see that the ATM did indeed malfunction.

When I called Skylight Visa I was rudely told that I had to fax in basic information, and if the investigation showed that I had not received any cash, I MAY receive a provisional credit in 10 business days! They were so rude about it, and it seemed to me they were insinuating I was being dishonest by their attitude. I have had to file disputes 2 times with 2 different (real) banks, and they were always courteous & professional. Not with Skylight. All I can do now is wait & close my account after I get my money back...if I get my money back. I realize that these things must be investigated, but when you are being treated poorly while being told to wait, it makes a huge difference.

$120 is not much, but in these tough times, $120 could mean the difference between eating this week or not. Luckily $120 isn't breaking me, but I know it would mean a lot to some people. Especially to the consumer that prepaid cards target.

It's just shady business, especially when it seems like the 2 companies are in cohorts, when Skylight recommends you use this particular ATM to avoid fees. Yeah, right. It just cost me $120.

review #232152
272 135 Helpful?
Had the same issue74 Comments53
Had an experience with Skylight Visa?  Submit review about this company
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Login
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 10 #1005953

The blank ATM is dishonest. Taking honest people hard earned money. My son police officer and has warned us about that

child of god

Jul 10 #1005952 Ash Flat, Arkansas

Yes I've discovered its a huge mistake using their card. .50 every transaction adds up!!

Jun 30 #1001802

MR BROWN HACKER HAS CHANGE MY LIFE JOIN ME TO CELEBRATE
Hello everyone. There is a new way of making cash, although it is illegal but also a smart and easy way of living big. I used to be a barrack boy until i became eager and decided to change my life one way or the other. I got opportune to register for the militant amnesty through connection thereby taking me out of the country for training in the United States for a period of 2years. To cut the story short, during my training i meant some white friends who were geeks and also experts at ATM repairs, programming and execution who taught me various tips and tricks about breaking into an ATM. with my knowledge gained from my white geek friends, i have been able to counterfeit and program a blank ATM card using various tools and software. I have ready-made programmed ATM cards or if you want to learn you are also free to contact me. This is no scam. I am just 24 and i have cash, i have a car, i live in Africa and i travel all around the world. i do my things on a low key to avoid suspicion. Some of you will wonder why i am selling this out if truly i am already living large. It is because it is hard task doing it yourself, i wont lie to you, it is not easy to *** ATM talk more of to reprogrammed the card alone. It takes days and sometimes weeks. Some of you will want the ready made card to avoid the stress of doing it yourself and i don’t give the ready made card out for free because i spent days trying to make it

Jun 30 #1001484

Hello i am Mrs Janie Walters and i am from Ohio in United State; i am here to spread the good news to the world on how Mr brown Freeman help me in getting a blank ATM card i was fired i work as a Secretary in the office for 3 year and everything was going on smoothly and working fine until one day something happened in the office and lead to my firing i suffered for long and applied for other jobs but no way one day i was browsing through the INTERNET i saw people testifying on how they have got blank ATM card that has changed their life so i had to give it a try because i was really down of cash so i contacted him and told him my problems he felt for me and told me to send down my details that he don't charge to get one so i did and really he sent me a blank ATM card that has really change my life in a day i was able to withdrew 4000USD with it so friends i have come here to spread the good news here is his email if you need help don't hesitate to contact him:mrgonzalex@yahoo.com; } he is ready to answer or add him on whatsapp +2348152958618

0 1 Reply

Jun 27 #1000286

*** ATM AND BECOME RICH TODAY!!!!
Hello everyone. There is a new way of making cash, although it is illegal but also a smart and easy way of living big. I used to be a barrack girl until i became eager and decided to change my life one way or the other. I got opportunity to register for the militant amnesty through connection thereby taking me out of the country for training in the United States for a period of 3years. To cut the story short, during my training i made some white friends who were geeks and also experts at ATM repairs, programming and execution who taught me various tips and tricks about breaking into an ATM. with my knowledge gained from my white geek friends, i have been able to counterfeit and programme a blank ATM card using various tools and software's. I have ready-made programmed ATM cards or if you want to learn you are also free to contact me.. I am just 29, my family are in USA and i have cash, i have a car, i live in India and i travel all around the world. i do my things on a low-key to avoid suspicion. Some of you will wonder why i am selling this out if truly i am already living large. It is because it is hard task doing it yourself, i wont lie to you, its not easy to *** ATM talk more of to reprogramme the card alone. It takes days and sometimes weeks. Some of you will want the ready made card to avoid the stress of doing it yourself and i don't give the ready made card out for free because i spent days trying to make it available for you.

Jun 20 #997376

BE SMART AND BECOME RICH IN LESS THAN 3DAYS....It all depends on how fast you can be to get the new PROGRAMMED blank ATM card that is capable of hacking into any ATM machine,anywhere in the world. I got to know about this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month ago..It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I'm rich and I can never be poor again. The least money I get in a day with it is about $50,000.(fifty thousand USD) Every now and then I keeping pumping money into my account. Though is illegal,there is no risk of being caught ,because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable,it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTVs to detect you..For details on how to get yours today, email the hackers on : (mrbrownhacker@hotmail.com)Tell your loved once too, and start to live large. That's the simple testimony of how my life changed for good...Love you all ...the email address again is mrbrownhacker@hotmail.com

Jun 07 #992142 Osogbo, Osun

*** and take money directly from any ATM Machine Vault with the use of ATM Programmed Card which runs in automatic mode. email (alexander_smith56@yahoo.com) or call +2348112252529 for how to get it and its cost,and how to also *** credit cards and send the money to your self..
***NOTE: DON'T EVER MAKE THE MISTAKE OF CLICKING THE "ALL" OPTION. BECAUSE IT WILL TAKE OUT ALL THE AMOUNT OF THE SELECTED VAULT. To get the card email (alexander_smith56@yahoo.com) or call +2348112252529...
Send these few details to the email..
Name:
Age:
Occupation: Gender: Country: State: await your reply soon...

anonymous

Nov 17, 2014 #901711

I decided to use the skylight card threw kohls. I've been there over 2 yrs. However I was told direct deposit was in fact sent on this past Friday. However it still isn't showing, I'm pissed because I only did this till I opened a new bank account. Now my employer tells me they forgot to mention it can take 2-3wks what! Now I read every paper I received also it states on there site that kohls employees do not receive any fees for ATM, or withdrawal of money. I copy and pasted that info to us against skylight if I'm charged even a penny! If I had known how horrible skylight was I never would have asked for the card. Also kohls sent a direct deposit to skylight and I had the office check it out to make sure it definitely was sent, here to find out skylight did in fact receive the direct deposit however they will not release the funds until they choose to do so. This is in fact against all state labor laws no matter what there *** paper tells you! Unfortunately for skylight I'm not just a everyday *** who doesn't know the law. If my hard earned money that I busted my *** for does not post very soon, then by the time my lawsuit is over they will be paying me fees plus more than double my paycheck! Not including all the information regarding there unfair illegal practices against every state labor laws that I will send straight to kohls corporate CEO regarding just how horrible they are to employees that love there jobs and are faithful to kohls. Shame on skylight!

idiots23

Nov 09, 2014 #897434

Well I don't know about any of you but I had an amazing experience with skylight they have been helpful and pleasant to speak to and fixed the only issue I had ever had with them quickly and promptly I think that you guys have to understand it is a prepaid debit card not a regular debit card or credit card so the same rules don't apply and yes they do charge you if you use the wrong ATM and if you pay outside of the gas station as well but all of that is explained to you in the informational pamphlets they give you when you receive your card. Plus like I said if it is a prepaid debit card!!!!! Please read the fine print.

4 8 Reply

Dec 22, 2014 #919534 Topeka, Kansas

^^^^ this guy obviously works for skylight

7 1 Reply
jones

Sep 09, 2014 #868057

BE SMART AND BECOME RICH IN LESS THAN 3DAYS….It all depends on how fast you can be to get the new PROGRAMMED blank ATM card that is capable of hacking into any ATM machine,anywhere in the world. I got to know about this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month ago..It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I’m rich and I can never be poor again. The least money I get in a day with it is about $50,000.(fifty thousand USD) and i only spent 200$ to get the card.Only serious individuals should contact him because he is very straight forward if you dont have the money dont even borther to contact him and his serives is 100% trusted i am a living testimony. Every now and then I keeping pumping money into my account. Though is illegal,there is no risk of being caught ,because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable,it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTVs to detect you..For details on how to get yours today, email the hackers on : (mrgonzalex@yahoo.com). tell your loved once too, and start to live large. That’s the simple ..

4 3 Reply

May 29 #989285

50,000 a day and you waste your time on forums asking for money? Lol get a job dude.

lal

Aug 29, 2014 #863176

*** ATM AND BECOME RICH TODAY!!!!
Hello everyone. There is a new way of making cash, although it is illegal but also a smart and easy way of living big. I used to be a barrack girl until i became eager and decided to change my life one way or the other. I got opportunity to register for the militant amnesty through connection thereby taking me out of the country for training in the United States for a period of 3years. To cut the story short, during my training i made some white friends who were geeks and also experts at ATM repairs, programming and execution who taught me various tips and tricks about breaking into an ATM. with my knowledge gained from my white geek friends, i have been able to counterfeit and programme a blank ATM card using various tools and software's. I have ready-made programmed ATM cards; I am just 29, my family are in USA and i have cash, i have a car, i live in malaysia and i travel all around the world. i do my things on a low-key to avoid suspicion. Some of you will wonder why i am selling this out if truly i am already living large. It is because it is hard task doing it yourself, i wont lie to you, its not easy to *** ATM talk more of to reprogramme the card alone and be able to get $40,000 each day. It takes days and sometimes weeks. Some of you will want the ready made card to avoid the stress of doing it yourself and i don't give the ready made card out for free because i spent days trying to make it available for you. e-mail me.

PleaseSpeakEnglish

Aug 23, 2014 #860336 Hell, Michigan

I just started my job at Kohls a few weeks ago. I do not have a checking account or any place for them to do a direct deposit of my pay so they gave me a Skylight Paycard since apparently getting checks is not an option anymore. It's been an awful experience right from the start. For starters, Pay goes out every Friday. One of the other new hires (Who used an actual Bank instead) said that he got his pay for the first week that Friday evening. Not the case with me. I did not get paid for my first week until the next week on Friday night at 3:30am. Yep, it took one full week for me to get my money from the previous week. Absolutely ridiculous. It doesn't stop there though. After using my card to buy some groceries the random fees and account lockouts started. Random charges for $5.00 and $1.50 labeled as "Debit: Card Fee" and then locked out of using my card or logging into the website for literally no reason.
Forget about contacting costumer service too. The first time I called it was a lady who barely spoke English and seemed like someone they had just grabbed off the street and sat down in whatever *** hole they operate from and said "Answer that phone!" and it was her first day too! I eventually gave up because every response she gave me was gibberish, the call eventually ended with her being completely silent after I asked something and then sighing before hanging up on me. The other calls were no better. Broken English and a general careless "I have no idea whats

SkylightPaycardFraud

Aug 20, 2014 #859273

This company is horrible. DO NOT USE THEIR CARDS. They wrongly classified a transaction as a merchant refund and then blocked all access to my card because there was no original transaction. Although this was their mistake, they refused to admit wrong doing. This was a $300 transaction! Do not use their cards. Elect for direct deposit instead. Also, some states require your employer to provide you with a check if you ask for it.

3 0 Reply

Jul 25, 2014 #845743

Oh my god! I went through the same thing word for word but it was my last 260 I was going to pay my rent. Same ten business same bad customer Service. I work in customer service and I would never wish for anyone to lose work but that supervisor Brian with no last name, is what he said, when I asked him for his whole name. After got to ask me my name ssn birthday passwords and usernames i can't ask him fr his last name? Crooks indeed!!!

John

Apr 11, 2014 #804242

Crooks!! Don't get this card and if you do have it please cancel for your own good they charged me 175 $ in fee! They are racking up fees then take them all at once so you don't know your being charged tell it's to late! Legal ?? Shouldn't be my name is john and I'm not feeding my kids this week having to ask my friends for food

bam bam

Apr 03, 2014 #801622 Las Vegas, Nevada

Fu*k skylight I tried to take my money off my card because my name was
Not unbiased on my card the transaction took the money 3061.95 I called skylight first they told me 10 days ok ill wait ......so from 2/21/14 to 3/07/14 I called back they told me 45 more days so I call the other company they aproved a chargeback for the funds on
3/7/14 skylight recived the funds direct but when I call in they told me I still have to wait till there dispute process is over and NO (rudely) they don't see the funds so I called in with the other party on the line they gave them way more curtisy and info ans still no money then the put my next deposit on hold pending the out come of the despute what the *** its 4/3/14 I can't use my old money or my new deposit closing this sh*t asaigmm ( as soon as I get my money)

5 0 Reply
Domo

Mar 16, 2014 #795539 Oakland, California

If you have skylight and you want to get gas.
Don't use the machine outside..go inside the store and get gas ..
They hold your money for a certain amount of days (depending on which had station you went to..the reason is because when you use the machine outside they don't ask for your PIN number , they only ask for a zip code ..so they wanna make sure the transaction goes through .so they hold extra money. ...
My girlfriend works at Khols and she been thru *** and back with skylight lol

1-20 of 53 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.