Avoid Skylight Visa for Direct Deposit or it will cost you!

Skylight Visa was recommended by my employer last year, as they were trying to convert to only electronic payroll. You could choose your own bank, and if you did not have a bank or preferred to get you paycheck deposited elsewhere, Skylight was given as an option. I have a checking account, but prefer to keep my payroll separate, so I chose Skylight. Big mistake! Skylight is a prepaid debit card that makes it's money from fees. If you make more than 1 ATM withdrawal per pay period, it's going to cost you $2 (on top of what the ATM is going to charge). Need gas? You better make sure you have not only the amount that you're putting in gas, but whatever amount the gas station uses to authorize the transaction (usually $75-$100). If you only have the $30 you were planning to put in gas, your card will get declined & you will have to pay $1.50 fee. All of these fees seem pretty normal, but when you combine the horrible customer service when you call to inquire about these fees, plus no list of fees before or after they are incurred, and it seems like they can charge you whatever they please.

The breaking point for me was when I visited a "free of charge" ATM that was listed on their website. I was making a $120 withdrawal when the ATM malfunctioned & did not dispense any cash. A frustrating situation for sure. I called the company that owns the ATM who told me to contact my "bank" and have then file a Regulation E form. The CSR I spoke to could see that the ATM did indeed malfunction.

When I called Skylight Visa I was rudely told that I had to fax in basic information, and if the investigation showed that I had not received any cash, I MAY receive a provisional credit in 10 business days! They were so rude about it, and it seemed to me they were insinuating I was being dishonest by their attitude. I have had to file disputes 2 times with 2 different (real) banks, and they were always courteous & professional. Not with Skylight. All I can do now is wait & close my account after I get my money back...if I get my money back. I realize that these things must be investigated, but when you are being treated poorly while being told to wait, it makes a huge difference.

$120 is not much, but in these tough times, $120 could mean the difference between eating this week or not. Luckily $120 isn't breaking me, but I know it would mean a lot to some people. Especially to the consumer that prepaid cards target.

It's just shady business, especially when it seems like the 2 companies are in cohorts, when Skylight recommends you use this particular ATM to avoid fees. Yeah, right. It just cost me $120.

More Review Details

Helpful? 149 Yes 149 275 No 275
Had the same issue 83 Yes 83
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 03 #1105357

I wish I would have known this!! I just set it up for my taxes to load to my skylight one card

Dec 20, 2015 #1081548

I agree, i tried to purchase something and got several glitches, then i found that they charged me $20 for a purchase I never initiated... what a *** company

Dec 20, 2015 #1081375

i know and to get a print out of your earnings a complete nightmare. i also got mine through Kohls and if you use your skylight to make purchases at Kohls, NO EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT, and its their card, WTF it's so jacked that card more GRIEF than any hardworking employee needs

mr. asa vino belle

Dec 17, 2015 #1080104 Baltimore, Maryland

Good day. i,mr asa vino belle had an account with slylight-visa many years ago. i was charged a lot of cash from my account while being a shareholder with account._____________________
3601 FORDS LN #817 BALTO,MD 21215 for contact infor;

Nov 30, 2015 #1071492

I am still waiting for a 500 dollar malfunction of a atm it was refunded 20 days ago now I have to wait 10 more days!

sendyk

Nov 02, 2015 #1057543

Can anyone tell me how to contact these skylight people. I Started working at Barnes and Noble last week and have had the card since orientation. I was told that all I have to do is call and activate the card or go online. When I do both, it tells me my information hasn't been received and to wait 24 hours. This has been happening everyday since last Monday and I am pissed at this point. When I call skylight I can't talk to a real person and when I try other numbers it gives me that same automated voice. How can I solve this problem or how can I talk to a real human

Nov 04, 2015 #1058183

Do yourself a favor and dont activate it. Apparently it is a shady operation. I got mine activated two weeks ago and the card expired in October. Automated system useless and there is no way to speak to a rep. My Barnes and Noble check is still sitting there and I can't access it. Email address is also invalid. Shame on B and N for hooking unsuspectingemployees up with this loser card. Demand a paper check and cut through the b.s. Good luck!

Nov 05, 2015 #1059242

I work for kohls and I am using skylight one. If the information is not there you might have to talk to your employer to double check your information on their computer making sure they are putting the right account number and everything. Call the number on the sticker attached to your temporary card. Wishing you luck

Nov 09, 2015 #1060536

Tell your manger or GM to put you in the skylight system so you could activate your card!

Oct 02, 2015 #1042269

I got my already programmed and blanked ATM card to withdraw the maximum of $1000 daily for a maximum of 20 days. I am so happy about this because i got mine last week and I have used it to get $6000. Jane is giving out the card just to help the poor and needy though it is illegal but it is something nice and she is not like other scam pretending to have the ATM cards. And no one gets caught when using the card. get yours from her. Just send her an email on godsaint333@gmail.com and be happy like Me…

0 4 Reply

Nov 13, 2015 #1063337

How can I get one

0 1 Reply

Dec 13, 2015 #1078071

Such a lier....you can only get 300 daily out of a machine....and they have cameras and would match up someone time and face they used it to pull money out that was not theirs.....it's a scam, and even if it wasn't it so very wrong

Sep 15, 2015 #1034036

A fast way of becoming rich within a few seconds is hacking an ATM machines with a blank card.. BE SMART AND BECOME RICH IN LESS THAN 3 DAYS. For more information on this, Email at marisaatmhacker@gmail.com . Our aim is to help others become rich..

1 6 Reply

Oct 06, 2015 #1043808

that doesn't work

1 0 Reply

Oct 18, 2015 #1050146

Yea right i call bull ***

2 0 Reply

Aug 30, 2015 #1027232

GET RICH IN LESS THAN 3DAYS
It all depends on how fast
you can be to get the new PROGRAMMED
blank ATM card that is capable of hacking
into any ATM machine,anywhere in the
world. I got to know about this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month ago..It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I’m rich and I can never be poor again. The least money I get in a day with it is about $50,000.(fifty thousand USD) Every now and then I keeping pumping money into my account. Though is illegal,there is no risk of being caught ,because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable,it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you..For details on how to get yours today, email the hackers on : (oceancardhackers@gmail.com ). Tell your loved once too, and start to live large. That’s the simple testimony of how my life changed for good…Love you all …contact them now, the email address again is : oceancardhackers@gmail.com or call +2348168199202

0 4 Reply

Aug 09, 2015 #1017478

contact..... western.unionhacking@outlook.com ...for your bank logins and bank transfers, western union transfer,carding of online stores and flight tickets.
i have been doing this for 9 years and its 100 percent guaranteed and sure. ripping and scamming is for low lives. before any transfer you pay 70 percent before transfer and
30 percent after transfer
for bank transfers maximum time is 8 hours
bank transfers:
$2500 - $250 $3000 - $300 $5000 - $450 $10000 - $900 $15000 - $1200 $20000 - $1800 mode of payment: W.U and Money Gram For Usa BANK Transfer Info Needed: 1: Account Number 2: Routing Number 3: Bank Name: 4: Account Holder Name: 5: Account Holder Phone Number: For Uk BANK Transfer Info Needed: 1: Account Number 2: Sort Code 3: Bank Name 4: Account Holder Name: For International BANK Transfer info Needed: 1: Account Number: 2: Iban Or Swift Code 3: Bank Name: 4: Account Holder Name: 2)western union: maximum of three hours 2000 Transfer = 200 3000 Transfer = 250 4000 Transfer = 350 5000 Transfer = 500 7000 Transfer = 700 For Westren Union Transfer Info Needed 1: First Name 2: Last Name 3: City 4: Country 5: Email for confirmation for carding and other services. prices varies. contact me on my email. western.unionhacking@outlook.com

0 2 Reply
Just a girl

Dec 13, 2015 #1078070

Sooooo wrong..even if it would work, they have cameras and they are time stamped and would be able to link the person face to the time they pulled out money that was not theirs.......this is wrong and a scam..please people do not fall for it

Jul 10, 2015 #1005953

The blank ATM is dishonest. Taking honest people hard earned money. My son police officer and has warned us about that

3 1 Reply

Oct 15, 2015 #1048625

That right it is dishonest but it people that don't care no God on their side not thinking us out there putting our life on the line for a paycheck and here they are thinking of illegal ways to get money so as may God have mercy.

1-20 of 72 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.