22.5K views

I just got my Skylight Paycard Visa from my current employer. I had never used one before so I read all the material about fees associated with the card.

I used their Surcharge Free ATM finder to find an ATM. It suggest I go to US BANK. I went to US BANK to withdraw money so that I could put into my checking account at my bank since I pay my bills that way automatically. Since it was my first paycheck from a few days of training I only had $61.50.

I knew this ahead of time because I checked my Skylight account online. So when I got to the ATM I tried to withdraw $60, it declined and said insufficient funds. I didn't understand because I knew I had $61.50 in my account. I tried it again, this time withdrawing $40 which it let me do.

US BANK doesn't print your current balance on your receipt so confused about the whole transaction I did a balance inquiry which showed I only had $15 left in my account. 40+15 does not equal 61.50. So where did my other $6.50 go? When I got home I checked my Skylight account online and found out the reason: US bank charged me $2.50 just to withdraw money from the ATM (which is why it wouldn't allow me to withdraw the $60), it then charged me $2 for a decline fee.

When I did a balance inquiry (which is free at my bank) I was charged another $2. This is absolutely ridiculous!!! $6.50 in fees????? I knew some banks would do this but I really very mislead because I used one of the banks ATMs listed on their "Surcharge Free" finder.

I am very disappointed in this card. Luckily I only have to have it a month and then I have the option to give my employer my actual bank routing number to have my paycheck direct deposited into.

When that time comes this card is going bye-bye and the account is being closed. NEVER AGAIN.

Review about: Skylight Visa Prepaid Card.

Comments

Pro Tip: Want to Avoid ATM Fees? This One Trick May Save You MoneyNov 16, 2015Avoid ATM FeesATMs are very convenient, but they often have fees associated with withdrawing money.

That’s why this simple tip can help you get the cash you need while saving on fees.*Use the Cash Back optionYou can’t do this at every location, but often times, grocery stores, retail locations, and other merchants will give you an option to add cash back to your purchase.** So why not get a few bucks out as well? Not only will you leave with cash in hand, but there will be no ATM fees associated with the transaction!*Stores often limit the amount that you can withdraw, so ask about the cash back limits at the places you frequent with a cash back option.

That way you can plan ahead and make sure you have the cash you need, when you need it.*Depending on your Netspend Prepaid Card Account’s fee plan, a PIN Purchase Transaction Fee may apply. See your Cardholder Agreement for details or learn more about your fee plan in your Online Account Center.**To make a PIN Purchase and get cash back, select “Debit” and enter your PIN when making a purchase.

It cost $3 to withdraw and you didn’t have 63 in your account

I don't understand the have business and the don't a bank so u can use the don't change for you transsation

Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States #1143561

see this is why I myself William garrett dislike paycard you have to pay to get your own money its robbery.

My name is Cameron and I work for a merchandising company that uses their cards. Skylight Financial's site is a joke. They're a business and not a bank - this is why they even robbed me of $10 worth of their exorbitant fees and I don't need the headache of a check from my company when they should sign up for a proper direct deposit system than SF.

I had the same thing happen to me. I went to their "Surcharge Free Atm" that was listed on the map.

I did the whole transaction and it did give me my money, luckily i barely use it so I spot every little thing missing. I noticed that when I withdrew $50 it also CHARGED me a fee of $1.50 for it , even though it wasn't supposed to. I immediately went to their "Customer support" and sent them a mail where I stated I was charged for it even though i wasn't supposed to. They replied within a day and were happy to fix it though and deposited the $1.50 back into my account.

I'm sure if I had not called them out on it they wouldn't have changed anything but you just have to be careful. Hopefully that's the only thing I would have problems with.

I've had them for about 4 months now and that's the only bad thing so far.